For my customer - producer of advanced medical equipment - I provide services in regard of supporting on-site TestCenter with current testing activities of upcoming software products, existing software products, providing and enhancing test-related tools, infrastructure, methods and processes. I work in an agile environment, closely tied to software developers and architects. Apart from daily activities, I also regularly advise and improve on existing processes. Some of my accomplishments include:
- Introduction of backlog grooming checklist that prevents missing important cross-functional and cross-product influences and improves the accuracy of user story size/effort estimation
- Development of tool for rapid SUT deployment in test environment. This has drastically decreased time needed to start an actual test execution, and enables all testers to rapidly change versions and branches of SUT (which is often needed to eg. verify issue fix on multiple release versions of a product). Tool had been implemented using PowerShell
- Enhancements of previously authored test reporting tool to facilitate screencast recording, screenshots and application specific reporting. This had very positively influenced the quality and reporoducibility of reported issues, as well as shortened time needed to report an issue. The tool is developed in Python.
- Partial automation of bare-metal provisioning of multiple versions of MS Windows system. This allowed to increase the turn-around time required to keep multiple desktop-class machines up-to-date, while simultaneously providing the ability to quickly restore the operating system to a known state, which is crucial for success and reliability of the functional tests in medical area. The toolset had been developed using Powershell, and versioned using Git and GitLab.
- Introduction of local code management solution for use in test center. This facilitates knowledge exchange between team members without having to rely on external services. Solution uses Git, GitLab, Puppet and SystemD for reliability.
- Coordination and introduction of automated testing. Test automation solution itself is delivered by external consultancy, however I was responsible for injecting it as a continuous smoke testing component into existing build infrastructure. This allows the team to discover critical regression much earlier than previously, and provides the development team with systematic feedback on the current quality of the product.